Further production is carried out in Indonesia On 2 July 2015 the acquisition of WWRD by Fiskars Corporation was completed including brands Waterford, Wedgwood, Royal Doulton, Royal Albert and Rogaška.The acquisition was approved by the US antitrust authorities.
Whilst every effort has been made by the publisher to ensure that this publicationprovides accurate information, neither the publisher, author, retailer, nor anyother suppliers shall be liable to any person or entity with respect to any lossor damage caused or alleged to be caused by the information contained in oromitted from this publication.Photographs Trevor Leak, Syd Gardner, Phillips, Ruth Pollard, Derek and Jean, Christies, Louis Taylors, Royal Doulton Collectors Club, Barry Weiss, Doulton Direct, Venta File, Tom Power, Alan and Pat Scholes, nick Tzimas Important Notice All the information and valuations have been compiled from reliable sources and every effort has been made to eliminateerrors and questionable data.Royal Doulton was an English company producing tableware and collectables, dating from 1815.Operating originally in London, its reputation grew in The Potteries, where it was a latecomer compared to Royal Crown Derby, Royal Worcester, Wedgwood, Spode and Mintons.The price guide should only be used as a guide to rarity - asto whether an item is worth £50, £500 or £5000 for instance,not as a specific marker for the eventual resale price.
If you do not have a copy of the Acrobat Reader softwareinstalled on your computer, one can be downloaded fromthe Adobe website free of charge. No part of this publication may be reproduced, copiedor stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means,electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the priorand written permission of the publisher.
The business specialised in making stoneware articles, including decorative bottles and salt glaze sewer pipes. The first to be engaged was George Tinworth followed by artists such as the Barlow family (Florence, Hannah, and Arthur), Frank Butler, Mark Marshall and Eliza Simmance.
In 1882, Doulton purchased the small factory of Pinder, Bourne & Co, at Nile Street in Burslem, Staffordshire, which placed Doulton in the region known as The Potteries. Alban's Church was built in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1887 with Alexandra, Princess of Wales as one of the driving forces, Doulton donated and manufactured an altarpiece, a pulpit and a font.
The Royal Doulton company began as a partnership between John Doulton, Martha Jones, and John Watts, with a factory at Vauxhall Walk, Lambeth, London trading as Jones, Watts & Doulton in 1815.
After Martha Jones left the partnership in 1820, the trade name was changed to Doulton & Watts. By 1871, Henry Doulton, John's son, launched a studio at the Lambeth pottery, and offered work to designers and artists from the nearby Lambeth School of Art.
These brands are now owned by WWRD Holdings Ltd (Waterford Crystal, Wedgwood, Royal Doulton), based in Barlaston near Stoke-on-Trent.