The university's newest academic buildings—the Pharmacy Research Center, the James D.Hughes Center for both engineering and visual arts, and the Nursing and Health Sciences Center—have opened as the university expands past its traditional northern boundary.(Half of these chapels are now held in the sports facility Allen Arena, and half are "break-out" sessions that are held in multiple places at once.) In addition to the university campus, there is also an on-campus high school and middle school; the associated elementary school moved to a renovated former public school a few blocks away in 1986.
Allen Arena, a 5,028-seat multipurpose facility, opened in October 2001 on the site of the old Mc Quiddy Gymnasium.
Part of the Mc Quiddy Gymnasium still remains between Allen Arena and the Student Activities Center (the SAC), a multipurpose student activity space with workout facilities, basketball courts and an indoor track.
Willard Collins Alumni Auditorium has been completely renovated with new seating, flooring, and audio/video equipment, updating its look from the original design. On the southeast corner of Burton, is the music wing, the Mc Meen Music Center, with a large rehearsal room for music ensembles on the main level, with music offices and practice rooms on the lower level.
To the south side of Burton is the Swang Business Center where business and Computing classes are held.
It also maintains a location called "Spark" in the Cool Springs area of Williamson County.
Lipscomb University was founded in 1891 by David Lipscomb and James A. The campus grounds consist predominantly of the former estate of David Lipscomb, who donated it to the school.
The Nashville Bible School was co-founded by David Lipscomb and James A. David Lipscomb never served as president, but as chairman of the board of trustees. Harding served as the school's first superintendent. Lipscomb's liberal arts curriculum includes a wide range of academic programs in the arts and sciences.
The curriculum continues to evolve, notably with the addition of civil and environmental engineering in the Raymond B.
Its original name was the Nashville Bible School, which was changed to David Lipscomb College, then to David Lipscomb University.
Lipscomb graduated its first senior class in 1948, leaving behind the name of "junior college" forever.
Jones College of Engineering and the doctorate in pharmacy in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.