By 1921, the school had grown significantly to the point that it began to offer 4 year bachelor's degrees.As a result, it was renamed the Mankato State Teachers College.
In addition to the main campus, it operates two satellite campuses: one in the Twin Cities suburb of Edina and the other in Owatonna.
Through the College of Extended Learning it provides bachelor's degrees at the Normandale Partnership Center and programs online through an online campus.
It has the only accredited bachelor's degree program in Aviation and supplies pilots to the entire region.
It was the first institution in the United States to offer a Master of Fine Arts degree in Forensics.
Shortly after this, the University was renamed Minnesota State University, Mankato in 1998 in recognition of its significant contribution to the state's higher education system.
this marked a significant change in direction in the history of the institution, one that would later be realized as it fought for the authorization of being able to award doctoral degrees.The Wilson Campus was eventually sold to a private developer and the Highland Campus grew in size.Following this period was a movement toward increasing the number of available programs including science, technology, engineering, health sciences and others.It was during this time that the institution began to refer to itself as Minnesota State.In 2007, in another major milestone – the University was authorized to begin offering applied doctoral degrees.Minnesota State Mankato currently offers 130 undergraduate programs of study, 13 preprofessional programs, and 75 graduate programs.